Two scholarships in the amount of $1000.00 will be awarded to two graduating high school seniors: one male and one female.
• Plainville High School Senior who will be attending a 2 or 4 year traditional college or vocational, technical school or program.
• Participation in any Plainville High School recognized sport (freshman, Junior Varsity or Varsity) in each of their four years. These criteria could be met by playing the same sport each year or a combination of sports.
• Multiple sport participation in at least two years with one of those being senior year.
• Cheerleading is a recognized sport at Plainville High School. For purposes of this scholarship, fall and winter participation in Cheerleading will only qualify as a single sport.
• Eligible candidates will submit a single essay that describes in their own words what the ultimate team player/blue collar athlete* means to them and describe by giving examples and instances of how they were that team player/blue collar athlete* during their career at Plainville High School.
• Only this essay and pertinent information from the check list in the Common Scholarship packet (Sports played, years played and confirmation from coach or Athletic Director) will be evaluated for purposes of awarding this scholarship.
* Blue-collar athlete - b: dependable and hard-working rather than showy or spectacular <a Blue-collar athlete> as described in the Merriam Webster Dictionary.
Past Scholarship Recipients
Other 2017 Allocations
Purchase of a pole-vault pole for the PHS Track & Field Team
Donation to the fundraising of Chris Centurelli for an international wrestling meet
For more information or to contact the Foundation please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org